Corona Virus (COVID-19) Update
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property can only accept bookings from essential workers or permitted travellers on dates where such guidelines exist.
Reasonable evidence must be provided on arrival. If it isn't provided, your booking will be cancelled on arrival.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Restricted bar service available. This guide line in in effect until 5th April but could be extended until the end of May 2021 depending on the official guidelines.
Corona Virus (COVID-19) Programme
The safety of our staff and guests remains paramount to us and we will be working with Fáilte Ireland, the Irish Hotels Federation, Government and the HSE to ensure every visit complies with all recommended safety protocol.
Our programme has been developed to ensure we have best practice Health, Safety and Hygiene protocols in our hotel, in line with the World Health Organisation, the Health Service Executive, and Government directives during these unprecedented times.
In partnership with these agencies and our in house Health & Safety Team we have developed an industry leading protocol which combined with using Hospital grade products and PPE, will assist us in protecting the safety of our guests and work colleagues.
We are committed to making your experience with us as comfortable as possible and we will continue to monitor and update these controls as new directives are introduced to ensure that our Guests, Colleagues and Local Community keep safe.
This will include;
- Pre-arrival communication of our COVID-19 recommendations to all guests due to arrive
- Mandatory completion of our COVID-19 guest declaration.
- Digital payment up to 2 days prior to arrival to allow contactless check in via our secure PCI DSS certified payment link
- Infrared temperature checks of all hotel personnel on arrival along with the certified completion of our 'Return to Work Health Forms' and Induction Training Program
- Key personnel assigned to enforce all COVID-19 health and safety advice issued by Fáilte Ireland. For full details, click here
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Gloves will be provided to housekeeping and public area attendants and any other employees in direct contact with guests. Cotton Masks will be provided for all Employees although they will still be instructed to adopt social distancing rules.
- Room service will be replaced by click and collect ordering from Elle's Bar & Bistro
- Digitalisation of all in-room literature
- Physical Distancing. Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 2 metres away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using lifts or moving around the property. Restaurant tables and other physical layouts will be arranged to ensure appropriate distancing is adhered to.
- Adherance to all Failte Ireland Guidelines for Cafes and Restaurants, click here to view
- Hand Sanitiser and Handwashing Hand sanitiser dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception desks, restaurant entrances, meeting and conference areas and other public areas. All our staff will wash their hands with bacterial soap (for at least 20 seconds) at regular intervals while on duty and in addition they will use hand sanitiser each time they use shared products or equipment.
- Housekeeping, during a multi-night stay, will be on request only basis. Fresh towels, toiletries and tea/coffee making amenities will be left outside rooms daily
- Contactless card payment will be in place at all times. Room charges are unavailable
- Front of House Signage. There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property including physical distancing floor markers.
- COVID-19 Training. All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and hygiene protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including our team members working in Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Hotel Reception, Maintenance & Hotel Operations departments.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols. Our hotel uses a hospital grade disinfectant to clean guestrooms which ensures that all areas are fully disinfected. Our employees who are doing this extra stringent cleaning tasks are provided with the correct PPE.
- Public/Shared Area Cleaning. Dedicated employees will sanitise all public areas at least once per hour including Guest lifts doors and call buttons, Handrails, Front of House toilets and Hotel entry doors
- Restaurants and Bars. Our restaurants and bars will operate with reduced seating capacities to allow for a minimum of 2 metres between each table. Table capacities will be limited to a maximum of 4 people as per Government guidelines.
- Fresh Air and Air Conditioning Units. Where possible, we will increase natural fresh air flows through the building. All air conditioning units in shared public spaces will be turned off.
- In addition to the above, the Harcourt Hotel will continue to adhere to all Government and HSE recommendations & guidelines